History of San Lorenzo, California


Early San Lorenzo Residences and Businesses


Residence of Capt. William Roberts.
The house is still standing on Lewelling Blvd., just before the Embers Way short cut to Hesperian Blvd.
(From Official and Historical Atlas of Alameda County, 1878)

See a photo of the Roberts house today


Residence of William Meek

The house is on Hampton Road on a large parcel that was originally part of a vast orchard.

See floor plans of the Meek house
See photos of the interior of the Meek house


Smyth's blacksmithing facility.
This facility was located on the west side of Telegraph Road (now Hesperian Blvd.) next to the San Lorenzo Creek.
(The bridge on the lower right was part of Telegraph Rd.) A pottery store is on the site today.
(From Official and Historical Atlas of Alameda County, 1878)