History of San Lorenzo, California



The core San Lorenzo community in 1877. Main St. (and Roberts Landing Rd.) are now Lewelling Boulevard; Telegraph Road is now Hesperian Boulevard. The intersection of Main and Telegraph (now Lewelling and Hesperian) was known among local residents as The Four Corners until increases in traffic and redevelopment changed the character of the intersection in the 1970s and it no longer had an intimate connection to the San Lorenzo community. (From Official and Historical Atlas of Alameda County, 1878.)